Summer Activities in Colorado Springs, CO
Summer is right around the corner, and what better place to visit than Colorado Springs, CO? Whether you live in Colorado Springs or travel there often, you can find a lot of fun activities to get you through the summer.
Colorado Springs offers attractions, day trips, free activities, hiking, and things to do for families. Regardless of the types of activities you like, you can find something you enjoy doing in Colorado Springs, CO. Read on to learn more about Colorado Springs’s summer activities.
Things To Do in the Summer in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs’s summer activities range from hikes to day trips to popular attractions. Known for its stunning natural beauty, outdoor activities, and historical attractions, people of all ages can find something to enjoy in this great city. Let us here at Storage King USA take you through the best summer attractions in Colorado Springs as well as some free summer activities and the best family-friendly activities in Colorado Springs.
Attractions Near Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs has many attractions that can keep you busy and learning all summer long. Enjoy one of these popular attractions in Colorado Springs:
- Garden of the Gods. This public park is home to massive red rock formations that have formed over millions of years. You can find a wide range of activities, including hiking and rock climbing. The park also has guided tours available if you want to learn more about the history and geology of the park.
- U.S. Olympic Complex Training Center. A world-class facility that serves as a flagship training center for the United States Olympic Committee. Many of the U.S. Olympic teams use this facility as their primary training site. Visitors can take a guided tour of the complex to learn about the training and preparation that goes into being an Olympic or Paralympic athlete.
- Pikes Peak. This is a must-see when you visit Colorado Springs. You can spend the day hiking or biking up the mountain. Also, you can see wildlife on the trails, such as elk, deer, and bighorn sheep.
Day Trips Near Colorado Springs
If you want to plan a full-day trip, the following places are close to Colorado Springs and can provide a day full of memorable adventures:
- Rocky Mountain National Park. Located around three hours away from Colorado Springs, Rocky Mountain National Park makes for a great day trip. While there, you have a wide range of activities to choose from, including scenic drives, camping, or visiting the alpine lakes.
- Great Sand Dunes National Park. Located just over two hours away from Colorado Springs, the Great Sand Dunes National Park boasts the tallest sand dunes on the continent. You can have a great day sandboarding down the sand dunes on the equipment you can rent from nearby facilities.
Things To Do in Colorado Springs for Families
With summer vacation quickly underway for school-age children, it’s always nice to have plenty of family-friendly activities to choose from. Luckily, there are plenty of Colorado Springs summer activities for families that are sure to satisfy everyone. From zoos to museums, you and your family will be plenty busy in Colorado Springs.
You have many options if you have a family that needs something to do this summer. Colorado Springs summer activities for families include:
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Voted the fourth-best zoo in North America, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo can provide a day of fun for your family. This zoo is known for its large herd of giraffes. They also have many exhibits where your family can learn about different animals around the world.
- Colorado Springs Pioneer Museum. If you want to find a great place for your family to learn about the city’s history, look no further. This museum offers many exhibits, including artifacts from the early settlers.
Nothing feels better than breathing in the fresh air of the outdoors. In Colorado Springs, there are plenty of ways to get outside in the summer, especially if you are someone who enjoys a good hiking trail. If you want to go hiking in Colorado Springs, you have many options to choose from. Some of the most popular hiking spots include the Barr Trail, Seven Bridges Trail, and the Red Rock Canyon Open Space.
Free Summer Activities in Colorado Springs
If you want something to do that doesn’t cost money, Colorado Springs has many offerings. In addition to the many hiking trails and other outdoor nature centers that don’t cost money, there are many other free activities you can participate in.
Some free summer activities in Colorado Springs include:
- Garden of the Gods
- Red Rock Canyon
- Colorado Springs Pioneer Museum
- Seven Bridges Trail
Contact Storage King Today To Store All Your Summer Gear
If you live in or travel to Colorado Springs, CO, often, you can store your summer gear in a self storage unit during the colder months. Whether you have kayaks, tents, or other hiking gear, you can easily access it in one of our storage units. In addition, if you live in Colorado Springs, you can keep your home or garage uncluttered by storing your seasonal items in a storage unit.
At Storage King USA, we offer several storage unit sizes for you. Regardless of how much summer gear you have to store, we can find the right size for you. Contact us today to learn more about our available options at our Citadel Drive storage facility and East Platte Avenue storage facility.