Storage TipsWith over 30 storage locations, Storage King USA has learned a few packing tricks over the years, and we want to share them with you. Our goal is to make your moving and storing easier and faster than ever before. Read the information below so you are not only prepared but confident in what you’re doing when storing your belongings.
AssemblingPicking the right storage space is essential! Do you know what size you need? Don’t worry, use our Storage Calculator to help you determine the perfect unit size to store your belongings. We also have some tips below on how to optimize your space:
- Dismantle your furniture and place the pieces on a ridged cardboard mat or on a plastic sheet before putting it on a pallet.
- Appliances with a door can be stored by stacking.
- Stack lightweight chairs “seat to seat” as this will provide you with more space.
- Avoid stacking other types of furniture on top of one another.
- Store holiday decorations in reverse order.
- Lay all books, documents, papers, and files flat in a box.
Packing TipsKnowing how to properly store your items can save you time and money. Our locations have all the packing supplies you need to make your experience easy. Use our tips below to guide you on properly storing your items:
- Dictate whether the items you are storing will be better protected by inserting them in boxes, totes, or other containers.
- Store your clothing on hangers before folding them.
- Cover all upholstery with cotton dust covers.
- Store lamp shade and base separately also wrap lamp bases in padding for protection.
- Store holiday decorations in their original packaging.
- Wrap all glass ornaments and other delicate items in bubble wrap, newspaper, or padding before storing them in boxes or totes.
- Store records and CDs or other musical items in airtight containers
- If you’re storing computer screens and large television screens next to furniture and other equipment, cover them with dust covers and wrapped in bubble wrap.
ProhibitedAt Storage King USA keeping your items safe is our priority! While the list isn’t long, please take a few minutes to identify the items that are too dangerous to store.
Explosives, Flammable, Hazardous, Toxic Materials
- Propane Tanks
- Biological Waste
- Radioactive Equipment or Supplies